What To Expect!
What To Expect!
You’ve registered your kids for a Young Lions OCR. You’ve marked the date on your calendar. You’ve invited friends and family to come out and watch your kids have the time of their lives. Race day is approaching, and you want to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Here are our best tips for ensuring a fun and stress-free day:
● Pack clothes and supplies the night before. You don’t want to be scrambling around in the morning, trying to get everything ready. Bring sunscreen, water, snacks, a change of clothes and shoes, a towel for each kid, and a trash bag for wet/dirty clothes. You should dress comfortably too, in clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, just in case.
● Leave early in case of heavy traffic, parking, or unexpected stops like needing to get gas or taking bathroom breaks.
● Don’t let them wear anything new as it might be uncomfortable or end up rubbing or itching.
● Have them eat a healthy breakfast, but not too much, and not too close to start time. Don’t eat anything new, just in case it doesn’t sit well in their bellies.
● Have them drink plenty of water before and after their race. A healthy snack afterward like peanut butter crackers, string cheese, or a banana is a good idea.
● They’ll need plenty of sleep, especially the few days leading up to their race, because they might be too excited to sleep much the night before. Can you blame them?!
● Invite family and friends to come watch! Your child will feel so good to see their loved ones cheering them on.
● Encourage them and tell them they’re capable of more than they think. Don’t pressure them to “win” or be perfect at the race.
● Remind them to have fun, help out if they see another racer in need, follow the safety rules, and that you’re proud and excited for them!
When you come to a Young Lions OCR Event, expect to be greeted with smiles and an attitude of gratitude! We truly love this and are very passionate about building a better future through the involvement of our youth in obstacle course racing and ninja warrior activities. We work very hard to create an amazing experience for each and every child that attends.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Find more race day info here.